Monday, July 16, 2007

so cool


went to go see colin hay tonight (formerly of men at work) with some friends - it was wonderful getting to meet him afterwards and it was at a perfect, small venue in east hartford.

hay sings a song that is particularly beautiful, in case you don't know his music - it's called "waiting for my real life to begin."

it's a song i used to listen to often when i was unemployed, and while quoting songs can be cheesy, please forgive me - i really love this song, and these lyrics:


Any minute now my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
And I'll check my machine
There's sure to be that call
It's gonna happen soon, soon, oh so very soon
It's just that times are lean

And you say,"Be still, my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in"
Don't you understand?
I already have a plan
I'm waiting for my real life to begin


i often think back to that difficult year, and listening to this song helped temper the frustration of that time. it's amazing the power of music.

anyway, it was great to hear him play that tonight and to know those days are behind, and tomorrow is wide open.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Galayda said...

I thought you told me that these Men at Work lyrics got you through your tough times....

Buying bread from a man in brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, do you speak-a my language?
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Cant you hear, cant you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home