Tuesday, July 17, 2007

vegemite



so my waxingly poetic thoughts resulting from the emotional state of bliss following the colin hay concert led me back to thoughts of walking around as a 7th grader inside the cafeteria of northeast junior high school in mint hill, n.c., showing off my new album of "cargo" by men at work.

i remember bringing it in to try and impress lori yerkes, my crush circa 1983-1986. sadly she was not impressed and told me if i looked more like nick rhodes from duran duran, then she would think about going with me. the trouble was i looked more like anthony michael hall from the breakfast club.

all to say it got me thinking, just what WAS a vegemite sandwich? and whalah, here's what i learned today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

(picture permission is located at wikipedia for this yummy vegemite picture)


mmmm. vegemite.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Cook said...

MEN AT WORK RULES!!!!

Long live the 80s!!

If I remember properly the vegemite sandwich used in the video was on a grider roll. On the wonder bread it just looks wrong!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Greg K said...

When I studied abroad in Australia... I tried... but Vegemite is the worst topping ever.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home